24 fevereiro 2006

Saudade

I woke up to find a dark cloud floating outside today. And I remembered your sky... The endless horizons on the road, the sunset over the Bellsouth tower, the pale light in the mornings outside my balcony in Lindbergh...

I remembered you, my loved Atlanta, my life's worth surprise, my proof that you can love what you once thought to hate.

I can close my eyes to remember the bright reflection of the sun over the Wyatt, to recall the kids dancing in the water streams of Centennial Park, to see again before my eyes the early nights around a wine table in Virginia Highlands...

I have loved you with my heart open to all, in an undivided, crazy, brutal way and you gave back to me the two best years of my life in return. You took me in and made me feel less of a stranger in your streets, less of an "american in Paris"... :-)

I miss you painfully today and hate all of those who hate you busy roads, your every-corner Starbucks, your hispanic and black people, and even though are still given the grace to live in you! While I had to leave...

You'll be forever my life's city, my very own 'princess of the south' and, when I return, I'll make love to you again, running in your parks, "driving down 85", dancing in Eleven50... They'll never let me belong to you, but they can't take away the seed you planted in me. So long, ATL, I'll see you in one this life's crossroads!

Aug. 23, 2005. And today, again. Because you'll always miss what you love.

4 Somethin' Else:

Blogger Nuno Guronsan escreveu...

Fazia bem a muito boa gente ler estas tuas palavras, para poderem ver que se podem amar coisas para além de pessoas, sejam cidades, momentos, objectos, e outros que tais.

Gostei muito e lembrou-me os sentimentos confusos que senti quando deixei Seul para trás...

fevereiro 25, 2006 2:02 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

Obrigada, Nuno.

Sabes, foi uma das muitas coisas que aprendi em 2003 - que é possível amar tudo o que nos faz felizes. Não é necessariamente obrigatório que sejam pessoas. :)

Ainda hoje sinto falta de Atlanta. Vou sentir a vida toda. Ainda que para lá retorne, os dois primeiros e fantásticos anos serão sempre inesquecíveis.

fevereiro 27, 2006 9:25 da manhã  
Blogger Nuno Guronsan escreveu...

Subscrevo inteiramente este teu primeiro parágrafo que pões aqui nos comentários.

Boas férias!

fevereiro 27, 2006 7:10 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

E é tão mais fácil amar lugares, objectos, quartos, livros, faixas de música, carros, ... do que amar pessoas, não é? :)

Obrigada e um óptimo Carnaval. Já li que não gostas, mas aproveita o feriado anyway! ;)

fevereiro 27, 2006 8:36 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home