23 fevereiro 2006

QotD

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. (A. Einstein)

7 Somethin' Else:

Blogger Navel escreveu...

See, that's why I identify with Kerouac's quote. I never grew up to be 18, so i dont have any common sense nor i like using commonplace ideas...

Long live infancy!!!

fevereiro 23, 2006 11:36 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo escreveu...

bem visto mas o kerouac tb não é exemplo pra ng, assim como os outros beat, bons a escrever e chega, e crescer... é tão bom... as coisas ficam melhores naqueles aspectos... digamos... importantes?

fevereiro 23, 2006 11:45 da manhã  
Blogger M. escreveu...

Navel,

I never forgot what a friend of mine once told me: a philosopher is he who never ceases to be a child. He who never looses the ability to look at every morning as if it was the first one. He who never grows accustomed to the daily habits.

I honestly try to live by this belief. Sometimes I make it. :) And that makes me as happy as I am now in this sunny, sunny winter day. :D


Filipe,

O "On the Road", como disse à Navel no blogue dela, é um dos livros da minha vida.

Mas concordo com a perspectiva que um bom escritor apenas se constroi quando não se esgota nos livros. Aí está a razão pela qual nunca deixei de escrever e pela qual nunca vou deixar de viver desaforadamente. Sentir é a melhor coisa do mundo. E só sentimos quando crescemos. :)

fevereiro 23, 2006 3:01 da tarde  
Blogger Navel escreveu...

It's funny how each one of us is a world in him/herself...
I do believe I'll stop feeling if I grow up...
Growing up for me means bitterness. But that's just me ;)

fevereiro 23, 2006 4:41 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

You know, I honestly believe that, as I grow, I'm able to feel in better ways. :) I'm actually even able to feel as a child sometimes. Does it make any sense?? :D

fevereiro 23, 2006 5:50 da tarde  
Blogger Navel escreveu...

Maybe that's what I mean too...
I'm just afraid that "feel in better" means soothing things, and I always associate adulthood with "rational" behaviour.
You know how moments of raw happiness feel? That's what I want. Moments like that. Happines is a dog, remember?
:)

fevereiro 23, 2006 6:32 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

I think I feel things with more intensity now, and I have learned to enjoy them better. I've taken some things in a smoothed and inert way before and that's not my meaning of growing up.

I know exactly what you mean with "moments of raw happiness"! Those are the only ones I remember, the ones I try hard to build every day, and the ones I hope I can feel on my death bed.

Guess we kind of agree on the subject, we're just expressing it in different ways ;)

fevereiro 23, 2006 6:56 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home