27 janeiro 2006

QotD

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human. (Mouse, The Matrix)

6 Somethin' Else:

Blogger Navel escreveu...

Exactly!
Se why I keep my X in my "other-life"?
I can't deny what I truly desire, be it sexual or intelectual impulses. Better, I do not want to deny them, and I will not.
There, said. :)

janeiro 27, 2006 1:58 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

:) I do agree.

But I also believe that another human-bound feature is our hability to chose between those impulses, submiting them to our individual moral standards.

Moral and ethics are, these days, the few non-beast weapons we can rely on...

janeiro 27, 2006 3:10 da tarde  
Blogger Navel escreveu...

I, on the contrary, believe that we are too constrainted by moral and ethics these days. See how depressed people are!
If those values of moral and ethics are our own, that's perfect. But if they imposed by society, I still tend to rebel.
I, for once, would be a lot happier if monogamy wasn't socially "imposed"... :)

janeiro 27, 2006 3:54 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

I still agree.

The moral and ethics I was referring to are my own. Your's. The guy next door's. Not the social-imposed ones. Darwin knows I don't go for those ones...

But I do obey to my hmm... appetites... according to my moral and ethic standards. And, believe me, in these days of happy-fucking-around it's brought me nothing but disappointment.

But I keep respecting other people's moral choices. If they compromise with my own, all for the better. If not... My dear, there are so many around, I'm bound to discover one both worth while and that fits my criteria ;)

janeiro 27, 2006 4:11 da tarde  
Blogger Navel escreveu...

Cheers for a good discussion!

janeiro 27, 2006 4:17 da tarde  
Blogger M. escreveu...

We'll keep it going around an OPorto table filled with Guiness-pints one of these days, luv ;)

fevereiro 03, 2006 3:07 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home