07 abril 2006

Periféricos

Miserável portugalidade que leva sempre meses infindos para traduzir e importar tudo o que não seja mainstream ou bestseller. Para quando os Sete Pecados, por Savater, para quando?!

3 Somethin' Else:

Blogger Navel escreveu...

Just a note:
For the first time in years, I went TWICE to a certain bookshop where I usually buy my lovely british/american friends... and for the FIRST TIME I didn't buy ANY book. Not one.
There were some books I would like to read, but nothing new, really. Am I becoming so picky I'll have to start ordering my books?!? Or will I end up resorting to amazon, although I feel it takes the pleasure out of the act of buying books?
I am sad...

abril 07, 2006 9:30 da manhã  
Blogger Navel escreveu...

... that same day I tried to buy a portuguese DVD, "Porto da Minha Infância" to offer a friend. The poor lad at the DVD department told me they are not allowed to have many portuguese DVD's at the store because they don't "sell"...

abril 07, 2006 9:32 da manhã  
Blogger M. escreveu...

I know the feeling.

Sometimes I also think we're pretty limited. I DO order many of my books online. It's almost impossible to get a GOOD foreign edition around here... And I'm trying to put together a DVD colection of my favorite movies ever and I've only been able to get like 10%...

Anything that's go beyond popular or "alternative" doesn't exist. :( And it's a pitty.

abril 10, 2006 4:04 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home